Bachelor Of Arts In Political Science :-Bachelor Of Arts In Political Science is an undergraduate degree program in Arts and social science which deals with the study of systems of governments, and the analysis of political activities, political thoughts and political behaviour. It deals extensively with the theory and practice of politics which is commonly thought of as determining of the distribution of power and resources. A political sciences programme will help you better understand how governments operate and interact, the impact of government policies upon economic stability and growth, and how laws affect social and political change. Politics influences every aspect of our lives and contributes to the wellbeing of a nation, including education, employment, healthcare, housing.
Eligibility Critria :-◆ Those students who are interested in political science must persue 10 + 2 from a recognized board with any stream and must obtain minimum 50 % marks .
◆ Some colleges or Institutes held entrance examination before admission so students should qualified in entrance examination.
Entrance Examination Pattern :-Entrance Examination contain the objective type questions from the Language Comprehension , Reasoning , General Awareness , Social Awareness subjects .
Those students who applied for the Bachelor Of Arts In Political Science have to study the following subjects :-
- Indian Constitution-Sources and Features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive - President, Vice-President, Prime Minister, Council of Ministers; State Executive- Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers.
- Union Legislature - Parliament-Composition and Functions; Speaker of Lok Sabha Amendment Process; State Legislature -Vidhan Sabha; Panchayati Raj Institutions-History, Basic Features and 73rd Amendment.
- Judiciary-Supreme Court, High Courts, Judicial Review and Judicial Activism
- Political Science: Definition, Nature & Scope; Relation of Political Science with the Social Sciences, Traditional approaches to the study of Political Science.
- State: Definition, Elements, Relations with the other organization, Theories of the Origin of State.
- Sovereignty: Monist & Pluralist; Concept of Welfare State, Liberty, Equality, Rights & Justice.
- Theory & Practice of Govt.: Organs of Government and their relationship, Operational dynamics – Political Parties, Pressure Groups and Bureaucracy.
- Federalism and its Working with reference to Centre-State Relations, Demand For State Autonomy; Emerging Trends in Indian Federalism
- Election Commission, Electoral Process and its Defects and Voting Behaviour, Electoral Reforms, Problem of Defection
- Party System in India: National and Regional Political Parties, Interest and Pressure Groups
- Role of Caste, Religion, Language, Regionalism in India, Politics of Reservation, Emerging Trends and Challenges Before Indian Political System
- Modern concerns of Political Science, Behaviourism and Post-Behaviourism
- Political Theory: Definition, Scope, Nature, Characteristics, and Decline & Resurgence of Political Theory
- Political Socialization, Political Culture, Ideology, and End of Ideology
- Post-Modernism, Feminism, Environmentalism, RTI and Consumer Welfare
- Plato & Aristotle
- St. Augustine and Machiavelli
- Hobbes, Locke & Rousseau
- Bentham and J.S. Mill
- Raja Ram Mohan Ray & Swami Dayanand
- Dada Bhai Narojee & Gopal Krishan Gokhle
- Swami Vivekanand & Aurbind Ghosh
- Lala Lajpat Rai & Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Sem. IV (Option I): Western Political Thinkers II
- Hegal and Karl Marx
- Lenin and Mao-Tse-Tung
- GDH Cole and Harold Laski
- John Rowls and Robert Nozik
- J.P. Narayan & Ram Manohar Lohia
- Mahatma Gandhi & M.N, Roy
- Jawaharlal Nehru & B,R,Ambedkar
- Subhash Chander Bose & Bhagat Singh
- Comparative Politics-Definition, Scope; Traditional & Modern Concerns; Comparative Methods
- Approaches to the Study of Comparative Politics: Input-Out (David Easton), Structural- Function (G. Almond), Political Development (Lucian W. Pye), Political Culture (G. Almond)
- Constitutionalism: History, Nature, Type and Problem in Modern Times
- Constitutional Structure: (a) Formal-Executive, Legislation and Judiciary, (b) Informal Structures– Political Parties and Pressure Groups
- Definition, Nature, Scope and Development of the International Relations; and Autonomy Debate regarding International Relations
- Approaches to the Study of International Relations: Idealist, Realist; System and Marxist- Leninist
- National Power: Definition, Elements & Assessment; Limitation of Power: International Law, International Morality and World Public Opinion
- Major Concepts: Balance of Power, Collective Security, Environmentalism and Globalisation
- Evolution, Conventions, Legacies and Basic features of Constitutions of UK & USA; Socio- Economic basis of Constitutions of UK & USA
- Comparative Study of Executive, Legislation and Judiciary System of UK & USA
- Comparative studies of Structures, Functions and roles of political parties and pressure groups of UK & USA
- Electoral Processes, Voting Behaviour, Bureaucracy and Recent Trends of the working of the systems of UK & USA
- Evolution and Growth of International Organization: League & UN System. Comparison between League and UN Systems
- Organs of the United Nations
- Working of UN towards Peace: Peace-Making, Peace-Enforcement, Peace-Building and Peace- Keeping
- UN & Disarmament; Democratization of UN and India’s Claim for Permanent Seat; and Assessment of UN
Employment Areas :-
After completion of Bachelor Of Arts In Political Science , students can chose one out of the following employment areas provided below based on their interest :-
- Colleges and Universities
- Government Agencies
- Public Policy Organisations
- Consulting Firms
- Public Relations Departments
- Publishing Houses
- Intelligence Wings
- Law Firms
- Research Organisations
- Social Work Organisations
- United Nations (UN) and its Agencies
Job Profiles :-
Bachelor of arts in political science provide various types of jobs . After completion of Bachelor of Arts in political science students have opportunities to setup their career by choosing any job profile provided below :-
- Political Campaign Organiser
- International Research Specialist
- City Housing Administrator
- Investigative journalism
- Public Opinion Analyst
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Corporate Adviser - Government Relations
- Legislative Analyst
- International business specialist
- Corporation Legislative Issues Manager
- Legislative Coordinator
- Market researcher
- Legal assistant
- Legal analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Corporate Social Policy Issues Analyst
- Political Commentator
- Public Affairs Research Analyst
- State Legislator
- Public Relation Specialist
Some Another Important Courses :-The whole career of a student depend upon the course chosen by the student . So it is very important to chose a best and perfect course for career . Below we provided the list of some important courses please read details about following courses and chose best and perfect course for you and your career :-
Bachelor Of Arts , Subjects Of Bachelor Of Arts , Courses On Bachelor Of Arts Etc.
Bachelor Of Business Administration Eligibility Critria , Core Topics , Syllabus , Jobs And Employment Area For B.B.A.
Bachelor Of Fine Arts Eligibility Critria , Courses And Careers.
Bachelor Of Public Administration Eligibility Critria , Subjects And Jobs .
Bachelor Of Architecture Eligibility Critria. Subjects And Jobs .
Law Course Details , Eligibility Critria , Subjects And Jobs .
Graphic Design Eligibility Critria , Subject s And Jobs .
Fashion Design Datails , Eligibility Critria , Subjects And Jobs .
Details About Retail Management , Eligibility Critria , Course Subjects And Jobs .
Foreign Language Course Details , Eligibility Critria ,Courses And Jobs .
Best wishes to you as you progress from one stage in life to another. While this can be a difficult time, the results that you will achieve are worth all of the hard work that you will put in!